From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFD: EAPI specification in ebuilds
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2012 03:07:16
1 On 03/08/2012 06:31 PM, Alec Warner wrote:
2 >>
3 >> Did someone already propose replacing EAPI=foo with a function call akin to
4 >> inherit?
5 >
6 > the eapi function doesn't exist in earlier eapis, so you end up doing
7 > the rename thing. Otherwise old package managers barf on the new
8 > syntax. I still think going with a comment is better than this.
11 There is an apparent workaround:
12
13 EAPI=5
14 eapi 5
15
16 We could do that for however long it takes PMs to adopt the 'eapi'
17 function. It requires one redundant line in the ebuild for a while, like
18 the comment solution, but then ultimately we're left with standard bash
19 instead of a magic comment.