From: "Michał Górny" <gentoo@××××××××××.pl>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] toolchain-funcs.eclass: functions to call compiler
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2010 07:46:35
1 On Sun, 6 Jun 2010 00:17:27 -0400
2 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > i'm not saying `emake` covers all solutions you proposed, just that
5 > the base usage isnt nearly as bleak. there are some cases where
6 > having a wrapper around emake would be useful (such as compiling
7 > multiple files or linking things in). so if you wanted to slap
8 > something together, we can look at it further.
9
10 Well, I've already covered one corner case myself, which is the zpaq
11 ebuild. I would approve a comment on my idea here:
12
13 http://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/sunrise/changeset/10641/sunrise/app-arch/zpaq/zpaq-1.10.ebuild
14
15 The hard part was that zpaq.cpp had to be compiled to both the execu-
16 table and the stub object file (with additional -DOPT flag).
17
18 I've decided that the simplest and most fail-proof idea was to create
19 an additional source file, defining 'OPT' and including the real code,
20 and compiling all of that within a single 'emake' call.
23 Best regards,
24 Michał Górny
25
26 <http://mgorny.alt.pl>