From: Joel Martin <kanaka@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Using cvs as your portage directory
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 22:25:25
1 With the new developers today, I was inspired to finish this up and post
2 it. I have posted some notes (raw) for the process that I used to
3 transition from my rsynced portage dir, to my cvs portage tree:
4 http://dev.gentoo.org/~kanaka/dev_start.html
5
6 I searched for this info in docs but didn't find anything. I don't know
7 if this is the sanctioned method for doing things, but it has worked
8 well for me in the past couple of weeks. If people think it is a good
9 idea, perhaps it could be added to one of these docs:
10 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/cvs-tutorial.xml
11 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/policy.xml
12
13 Thoughts anyone? Especially from you new devs?
14
15 Joel Martin (kanaka)