From: James Le Cuirot <chewi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ALLARCHES bugzilla keyword for stabilization requests
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 21:14:52
1 On Thu, 12 Mar 2015 13:35:16 +0100
2 "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > as a result of the last council meeting we now have a new keyword
5 > ALLARCHES for stablerequest bugs on bugzilla.
6
7 We're thinking of applying this to Java because we have a massive
8 workload ahead of us and stabilization is making life even harder. I
9 intend to draw up a policy to outline when it should and shouldn't be
10 used; something along the lines of only pure Java (no native code) and
11 no calls to System.getProperty("os.arch"). Just want to confirm a
12 couple of things about it first.
13
14 Initial keywording still requires explicit testing on each arch, but
15 not necessarily by someone on the arch team, correct?
16
17 If an ebuild is stabilized for a bunch of archs through the use of
18 ALLARCHES but then some non-arch team member tests it on another arch
19 later (after the bug is closed), can they add the keyword as stable
20 immediately? If not then why not?
21
22 I tried to find the council meeting minutes where this was discussed
23 but to no avail. :(
26 James Le Cuirot (chewi)
27 Gentoo Linux Developer