From: Anatoly Shipitsin <norguhtar@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Resolve build time default editor dependency. (was: How get ebuild provider virtual/category.)
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 15:45:26
1 > > Check sudo-1.6.8_p9-r2.ebuild
2 > > In DEPEND we see virtual/editor but
3 > > in configure
4 > > --with-editor=/bin/nano
5 > >
6 > > But virtual/editor can provide by vi nano & etc editor. You think its
7 > right?
8 > > DEPEND set virtual/editor but configure use nano as hardcoded editor.
9 >
10 > Yes, I think it's right. That option doesnt do what you think it does.
13 What this option does ?
14
15 > I'm think if we set hardcoded editor nano at configure in sudo,ebuild its
16 > > should DEPEND at nano editor not virtual/editor.
17 >
18 > Then you would be wrong.
22 Use abstract depend provide by same packages and set hardcoded depend
23 provided by one package (nano) is right?