From: "Fernando J. Pereda" <ferdy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New git.eclass
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 10:06:39
1 On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 11:58:32PM -0700, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > Fernando J. Pereda wrote:
3 > > I'd like people who use Git eclass to test it and see if any of the
4 > > 'features' I introduced break things for them.
5 >
6 > I just incorporated much of this into my version (minus some whitespace
7 > changes) and pushed it up. Seems to work fine on my stuff, although the
8 > additional time taken by the repack and prune is mildly annoying,
9 > particularly considering the point of git is to be fast at the cost of
10 > disk space rather than vice versa. =)
11
12 We could make EGIT_PRUNE and EGIT_REPACK to default to 'false' then.
13
14 Is there a way users could set these variables and choose if they want
15 to prune/repack or not ?
16
17 Cheers
18
19 - ferdy
22 Fernando J. Pereda Garcimartín
23 Gentoo Developer (Alpha,net-mail,mutt,git)
24 20BB BDC3 761A 4781 E6ED ED0B 0A48 5B0C 60BD 28D4