From: Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Welcome Back, Cummings
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 16:15:22
Hi Everyone,

So GWN was a littel early, but I did announce my intentions on -core on
Friday, that I would be speeding mcummings back through the recruitment
process.  As you all know, mcummings has been _the_ perl man for gentoo
for years now.  He basically started the perl team and developed the
g-cpan.pl tool for portage (the inventor of that script was initially J
Robert Ray, a former dev, who isn't returning).  Also, he's organised
perl-core and dev-perl and kept those things up to date.  The other
member of the perl team has been rac, who's busy in real life doing
non-gentoo things for a while.  So, basically perl@gentoo was mcummings.
After he left, we scrambled and we don't really have a perl@gentoo team.

Mike took pity us and decided to return once more.  So, since he's been
gone about as long as some devs take holidays (and in effect, his
departure was a misnomer -- it was more a sabbatical than a departure),
we expedited his process.  (Meanwhile, join the discussion on
gentoo-devrel mailing list for returning dev policies).

So, please join me in a hearty Welcome Back for Michael Cummings.

Mike, we missed you :)

Seemant