From: Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: euscan GSoC project - requesting feedback
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 09:27:38
On 2012-06-27 17:51, Federico "fox" Scrinzi wrote:
> Hi everybody! > > I'm working on a GSoC project for enhancing Euscan > ( Euscan allows to check if a given > package/ebuild has new upstream versions or not. It uses different > heuristic to scan upstream and grab new versions and related urls. > Euscan has a web interface for surfing data but for now is only possible > to see the scan results per package/category/herd/maintainers/overlay. > We're working now on the possibility to register and provide a cool > dashboard for maintainers, so that they can easily keep an eye on the > upstream versions of the packages they maintain. > > The main question is: what would you like to have on this dashboard? > Currently (in the development version) there's the possibility to login > and watch/unwatch packages/categories/herds/... and see the watched > stuff in the account dashboard. We're planning on implementing a > weekly(?) custom newsletter based on the packages you're watching, which > features would you like? > > The project repo for the GSoC is here: > > Thanks! >
Looking forward to seeing the improvements. :) I'd like to see the information regarding current tree state updated more regularly than the full upstream scan. Especially when looking at the herd view, it can be hard to keep track of which bumps have already been completed.

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: euscan GSoC project - requesting feedback "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>