From: Lars Wendler <polynomial-c@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Adding AdobeFlash-10{,.1} licenses to EULA group
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 22:07:35
1 Am Mittwoch 16 Juni 2010, 14:45:21 schrieb Angelo Arrifano:
2 > On 16-06-2010 14:40, Jim Ramsay wrote:
3 > > Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn <chithanh@g.o> wrote:
4 > >> I propose that this license be added to the EULA group. The previous
5 > >> AdobeFlash-10 license is similar in this regard, and could possibly
6 > >> also be added to that group.
7 > >
8 > > Agreed, on both points, and done. Thanks for finding and airing this
9 > > issue!
10 > >
11 > >> One notable section is 7.6 in which Adobe reserves the right to
12 > >> download and install additional Content Protection software on the
13 > >> user's PC.
14 > >
15 > > Not like anyone will actually *read* the license before adding it to
16 > > their accept group, but if they did this would indeed be an important
17 > > thing of which users should be aware.
18 >
19 > I defend it is our job to warn users about this kind of details. To me
20 > it sounds that a einfo at post-build phase would do the job, what do you
21 > guys think?
22
23 Definitely yes! This is a very dangerous snippet in Adobe's license which
24 should be pretty clearly pointed at to every user.
27 Lars Wendler (Polynomial-C)
28 Gentoo developer and bug-wrangler