From: Evan Read <eread@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Questions on creating an ebuild
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 00:11:36
1 Hi,
2
3 I was wanting to create an ebuild of Judy libraries:
6 http://sourceforge.net/projects/judy
7
8 You will notice that there is no version number in the software (because
9 the "big deal" about this software is the LGPLing of it). How can one
10 work around that? I have, so far, had to have an ebuild filename that
11 doesn't reflect the name of the tarball AND have had to explicitly state
12 the name of the tarball (and so not use ${P}). Can this be worked
13 around or should I contact the author of the software?
14
15 The other thing was the filename of the tarball starts with a capital
16 ("J"). Is this ok? It works (to have an ebuild file with a lowercase
17 first letter) but I am assuming if the tarball and the ebuild are to
18 have the same name, then this also needs to be fixed.
19
20 Thanks.
21
22 Evan.
26 For security use OpenBSD: http://eread.freeshell.org/
27 "The future comes 60 minutes an hour no matter who you are or what you
28 do."
29 The Screwtape Letters - C.S. Lewis