From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Re: bootstrapping since gcc 3.4 is stable
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 14:47:00
1 On Friday 27 January 2006 15:32, MIkey wrote:
2 > Paul de Vrieze wrote:
3 > > First of all, the object to be as fast as possible has been dropped as
4 > > main gentoo goal years ago. Stage 3 is indeed based on an old base. It
5 > > however starts you with a working system in which all assumptions made by
6 > > ebuilds about the system are true. This means one should expect a stage 3
7 > > to have no problems emerging any package. This is not true for a stage 1
8 > > or stage 2.
9 >
10 > The expectation of a stage3 having no problems emerging any package is only
11 > true if you don't stray from the preselected desktop-centric USE flags that
12 > were used to build the stage3 in the first place. When building a suitable
13 > environment for a server, in my case, the very first thing I have to
14 > contend with is blockages and pruning in just the right order.
15
16 Would you mind sharing the useflags you mean, and which packages you want to
17 build? It might be bugs in the packages involved.
18
19 Paul
22 Paul de Vrieze
23 Gentoo Developer