From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] bugs.g.o: Killing VERIFIED state, possibly introducing STABILIZED
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 21:57:27
2 > What I'd like to introduce instead is a new STABILIZED state. It would
3 > -- like VERIFIED now -- be only available for bugs already RESOLVED,
4 > and it could be used to signify that the fix has made it into stable.
7 Right now I dont think we agree what "RESOLVED" means.
8
9 * Some people close bugs when there is an ~arch version that fixes them.
10 * Some people wait until there is a stable version that fixes them.
11
12 How about introducing a state that explicitly means "resolved but needs
13 stabilization"? "NEEDSTABLE" or similar, with same resolutions as "RESOLVED"?
14
15 So, for a stable package a bug would go
16 CONFIRMED -> NEEDSTABLE FIXED -> RESOLVED FIXED
20 Andreas K. Huettel
21 Gentoo Linux developer
22 dilfridge@g.o
23 http://www.akhuettel.de/