From: Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Binary packages in the tree
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 13:21:45
1 Currently we are forcing people to either have gcc-3.3 installed, or
2 libstdc++-v3 so that old packages that weren't recompiled yet don't break,
3 and binary packages that need libstdc++.so.5 don't break horribly as well.
4 I'd like to see this dependency in the gcc ebuilds go away and all of the
5 binary packages in the tree depend on the libstdc++ version they need. This
6 will make things easier in the future so we don't need to force 2 or 3
7 libstdc++'s on users just so other possible packages may work.
8
9 So, everyone that has a binary package in the tree, I would appreciate it if
10 you could put the sys-libs/libstdc++-v3 depend into your package if
11 necessary.
15 Mark Loeser - Gentoo Developer (cpp gcc-porting toolchain x86)
16 email - halcy0n AT gentoo DOT org
17 mark AT halcy0n DOT com
18 web - http://dev.gentoo.org/~halcy0n/
19 http://www.halcy0n.com