From: Erik Van Reeth <erik@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Favor to ask
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 11:04:25
1 rsync also uses an environment viarable "rsync_proxy".
2 So, if you do a export rsync_proxy=<your firewall:portnumber> before
3 doing emerge rsync, things should work.
4
5 Erik
8 ----- Original Message -----
9 From: "Greer, Darren (MED)" <Darren.Greer@××××××.com>
10 To: <gentoo-dev@g.o>
11 Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2001 6:46 PM
12 Subject: [gentoo-dev] Favor to ask
15 > GEs firewall/DNS are very tricky to deal with. And for some reason,
16 > when I try to do an "emerge rsync" it fails on trying to find
17 > cvs.gentoo.org. So, I tried to find the IP and put and entry in
18 > /etc/hosts to the IP 216.23.235.2, but I still get no luck.
19 >
20 > Does anyone know if the emerge rsync is going over a port that is not
21 > port 80 or 21?
22 >
23 > Thanks,
24 >