From: Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] usr merge
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2016 18:22:22
1 May I suggest first moving everything into /usr one at a time, and for each
2 file moved out of /bin or /sbin or whatever, replace it with a symlink?
3
4 This will allow the /bin and /sbin directories themselves to atomically be
5 replaced with symlinks later.
6
7 Doing it all at once will leave a gap.
8
9 For each file:
10
11 1. Install it in the new location
12 2. Delete the old file and replace it with a symlink