From: Josh Saddler <nightmorph@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: PR Project Activity Issues
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 06:21:25
1 Ryan Hill wrote:
2 > On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 20:47:04 -0800
3 > Alec Warner <antarus@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> Is GuideXML in fact a barrier for submission (do we get complaints
6 >> about it?)
7 >
8 > I seem to remember doc/newsletter people stating on multiple occasions
9 > that they're happy to accept plain text submissions (feel free to beat
10 > me if i hallucinated it).
13 docs team != GMN*, but yes, we're happy to take submissions in plain
14 text form. However, it does take longer to GuideXMLify an article when
15 readying the newsletter than if we get one already in XML; then it's
16 just drop-in.
19 * (puts on GDP hat) Actually, we don't mind getting plain text docs,
20 either, since we too can GuideXMLify those submissions.