From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] re: digest reorganization and enhancements (from 2004)
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 19:55:40
1 Aron Griffis posted <20050707141954.GA20052@××××××××××.com>, excerpted
2 below, on Thu, 07 Jul 2005 10:19:54 -0400:
3
4 > (2) new portage uses rsync exclusions to ignore the digests since
5 > it only needs the new-style manifest:
6 > rsync --exclude '**/files/digest*' --delete-excluded
7
8 This wouldn't delete locally rsync-excluded files/dirs, I hope. Rather
9 than use the default package and source dirs, I have them as pkg and src,
10 rsync-excluded so they don't get killed. I'd be very unhappy if they got
11 killed anyway!
16 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in
17 http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2004/12/22/rms_interview.html
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list