From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] To ELISA, PIGMENT, PIGMENT-PYTHON dev's
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 10:27:46
1 2008/11/10 Mateusz Mierzwinski (me.matheos.org) <mateuszmierzwinski@××.pl>:
2 > I just want to install latest media-tv/Elisa (0.5.17 i think) (This is
3 > Linux MC) but guess what? There is no Elisa in portage (there was,
4 > because I was checking the forums and even found some Wiki about that -
5 > that was deleted because of administrator that don't do backups). Same
6 > thing with media-libs/pigment and dev-python/pigment-python - black
7 > hole. So what to do, when Python on Gentoo don't have that module (or
8 > name it as You like)? Is there some back steps in portage? Maybe some
9 > dev gone for lunch or something?
10 >
11 <snip>
12 > Do I need to write it by myself?
13
14 This packages have never been in the tree. Take a look at bug #159086.
15 Also this overlay [2] may be of help.
16
17 [1] http://bugs.gentoo.org/159086
18 [2] http://overlays.gentoo.org/dev/dang/browser
21 Regards,