From: "Spider (DmD Lj)" <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Multiple Repo Support
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 17:03:32
1 On Fri, 2005-12-30 at 22:54 +0900, Jason Stubbs wrote:
4 > A still inelegant solution, but one that I could live with, is to
5 > leave SLOT handling as it is now and to take Brian's syntax of
6 > key:slot,slot using it specifically for the case where a set of
7 > ebuilds must all use the same slot.
8 >
9 > Hence, rather than digikam and friends having "|| ( kdelibs:3.4
10 > kdelibs:3.5 )" each would have just "kdelibs:3.4,3.5". It still sounds
11 > messy given the current redesign of atom handling, but it would seem
12 > to offer a better chance of not being bug-ridden...
15 Hmm.. Do you mean this -after- expansion, or as hard-coded into the
16 tree of ebuilds? If so, it's probably a no-go. Since the dep as stated
17 in the tree doesn't even -want- to bind itself to a SLOT (can work with
18 any 3.x version, is probably the most common criteria).
21 And, I'm not sure just how this mangling would look when expanded in the
22 installed package database, can you elaborate a bit?
23
24 //Spider
25 --
26 begin .signature