From: "Jan Kundrát" <jkt@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: qemu -> add gcc-3.x dependency
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 12:24:03
1 Enrico Weigelt wrote:
2 > I'm just installing qemu, which requires gcc-3.x for building.
3 > The current breaks are very ugly, IMHO.
4 >
5 > So I'm proposing to add the old gcc-3.x as depedency to qemu,
6 > at least as long as it doesn't build w/ newer gcc.
7
8 Hi Enrico, it is usually a good idea to search through the Bugzilla
9 before asking for some feature, chances are that it has been already
10 requested (in this case, you're looking for bug 190102). FYI, at least
11 some of qemu's features were ported to gcc4 -- for example, see the
12 kvm-qemu ebuild from bug 157987.
13
14 Cheers,
15 -jkt
18 cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth
19 --
20 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list