From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: virtual/shadow
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 10:28:10
1 On 12-03-2012 10:16:12 +0100, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." wrote:
2 > On 3/8/12 2:23 PM, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." wrote:
3 > > And then convert profiles to the new virtual (the relevant files; below
4 > > are all occurrences of sys-apps/shadow):
5 >
6 > Because of no comments, I went ahead and checked in
7 > sys-apps/hardened-shadow and virtual/shadow, and now made changes in
8 > profiles/
9 >
10 > Please let me know if you see any problems after those changes,
11 > especially related to stage generation, prefix, bsd, and uclibc.
12
13 My rsync0 now spits out this message:
14
15 Virtual package in package.provided: virtual/shadow-0
16 See portage(5) for correct package.provided usage.
17
18 I did not forsee this happening, but each and every Prefix user now gets
19 this complaint on each and every emerge invocation. It does not seem to
20 block any operation, but could we perhaps hold back further changes
21 until I can sort this out with Zac?
22
23 Thanks
26 Fabian Groffen