From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Council Reminder for March 26
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 19:49:30
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 >
3 > * what the plan is for Portage implementation of that feature, and the
4 > likelihood of it making it
7 We should have someone dedicated to seeing each item implemented. For
8 example someone from the council.
9
10 Follows a quick list with hopefully no brain farts. In general I
11 consider having pkg_pretend and use dep extensions enough for main
12 features and then we should also implemented all those easily doable
13 little changes.
16 > This list might help for those who're scared of git:
17 >
18 > 1) EAPI 3 has pkg_pretend.
19
20 critical
21
22 > 2) EAPI 3 supports slot operator dependencies
23
24 can be dropped
25
26 > 3) EAPI 3 has use dependency defaults
27
28 critical
29
30 > 4) PROPERTIES, DEFINED_PHASES mandatory in EAPI 3
31
32 can be dropped
33
34 > 5) EAPI 3 has a default src_install
35
36 can be dropped
37
38 > 6) EAPI 3 has controllable compression and docompress
39
40 critical
41
42 > 7) EAPI 3 has dodoc -r
43
44 critical
45
46 > 8) EAPI 3 requires doins support for symlinks
47
48 can be dropped
49
50 > 9) EAPI 3 bans || ( use? ( ... ) )
51
52 critical
53
54 > 10) dohard and dosed banned in EAPI 3
55
56 can be dropped
57
58 > 11) doinclude, newinclude for EAPI 3
59
60 can be dropped
61
62 > 12) EAPI 3 supports .xz, .tar.xz
63
64 easy so should be in
65
66 > 13) EAPI 3 has more econf arguments
67
68 easy so should be in
69
70 > 14) EAPI 3 supports pkg_info on installed packages
71
72 can be dropped
73
74 > 15) USE is stricter in EAPI 3
75
76 can be dropped
77
78 > 16) AA, KV gone in EAPI 3
79
80 easy so should be in
81
82 > 17) S to WORKDIR fallback conditional for EAPI 3
83
84 easy so should be in
85
86 > 18) EAPI 3 has unpack --if-compressed, new src_unpack
87
88 can be dropped
89
90 > 19) RDEPEND=DEPEND gone in EAPI 3
91
92 critical
93
94 > 20) EAPI 3 has doexample.
95
96 can be dropped
97
98 > 21) REPLACING_VERSIONS and REPLACED_BY_VERSION in EAPI 3
99
100 critical
101
102 > 22) EAPI 3 has nonfatal, utilities die
105 can be dropped
106
107 Regards,
108 Petteri