From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ACCESS DENIED during emerge
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 21:18:03
1 A. Khattri wrote:
2 > On Fri, 28 Apr 2006, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
3 >
4 >> A. Khattri wrote:
5 >>> Does this sound right or is there a better (preferred?) way?
6 >> Try to fix --enable-conf-install to respect DESTDIR or whatever other
7 >> install method you're using, or look to see what flag it will take at
8 >> 'make install' time to use a prefix.
9 >
10 > Right now, in src_compile I have this:
11 >
12 > ./configure \
13 > --prefix=/usr \
14 > --infodir=/usr/share/info \
15 > --mandir=/usr/share/man \
16 > --localstatedir=/var \
17 > --enable-conf-install=no \
18 > --enable-mk-localstatedir=no || die "./configure failed"
19 >
20 > The last two flags tell it to not install the sample configs in /etc and
21 > to not create a local state directory under /var. I imagine I will have to
22 > do that myself in pkg_postinstall?
23
24 You should never use pkg_postinstall to bypass the "fake install" that
25 we stole from OpenBSD long ago. Instead, you need to install to ${D}:
26
27 http://dev.gentoo.org/~plasmaroo/devmanual//ebuild-writing/functions/src_install/
28
29 Also see man 5 ebuild; it's extremely helpful.