From: Jonas Stein <jstein@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: isodate for packages.mask starting on 2019-07-01
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2019 12:55:27
1 Hi Benda,
2
3 thank you for your quick response.
4
5 >> Change:
6 >> I suggest that we start using the date format yyyy-mm-dd
7 >> for all dates in packages.mask
8 >> starting with 2019-07-01
9 >
10 > For me isodate is more readable. I would vote for this change.
11
12 Great.
13
14 I know, that some people prefer their local date format
15 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_format_by_country) most.
16 But in an international project it we need a standard which does not
17 lead to misunderstandings and is easy to use.
18 I think all developers on the world interpret 2019-07-01 the same way
19 and are familiar with this format. If it is not their favorite format
20 yet, it is their second best choice.
23 Best,
24 Jonas