From: Donny Davies <woodchip@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Cc: gentoo-user@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] fyi: Lilo fun
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 00:07:23
1 A few people have asked me to post this information so others could find it.
2
3 A little while ago, I assimilated SuSe's animated boot logo patches for lilo
4 into an ebuild. If you want to use this neat little thing, then:
5 "emerge lilo-21.7.5-r1".
6
7 The thing is, that its one upped by a newer version of lilo in the portage
8 tree, so you don't get it by default. Instead you'll have to explicitly
9 install it yourself. I did try to port the patches forward to the latest
10 version, lilo-22.1, but wasn't successful :-( The C code was fairly easy
11 to port, but I couldn't manage to get through the assembly code.
14 Donny