From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] New metastructure proposal
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 16:52:30
1 On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 11:21:05 -0400
2 Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Wed, 2007-04-11 at 00:59 +0200, Marius Mauch wrote:
5 > > I like the part about projects being self-organizing, but splitting up the tree is a no go from my POV.
6 >
7 > Are they not already?
8
9 Mostly yes.
10
11 > Aside from the global requirements on what it takes to be a developer,
12 > projects are able to recruit anyone that they want.
13
14 Still needs coordination with recruiters/infra to get all the right permissions and stuff setup. For example, ideally there shouldn't be a need for a project lead to bug someone from recruiters/infra to givea dev access to his projects resources (if they are restricted). Note that it's just a _very minor_ annoyance, the current system is generally good enough. Another idea would be to change the staffing needs page from push to pull (similar to the projects index.xml page) so projects could publish their needs without having to redirect it by recruiters (again, minor issue).
15
16 Marius
17 --
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list