From: Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [gsoc-status] portage backend for PackageKit
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 2009 10:49:36
1 On Sat, Jul 4, 2009 at 5:05 AM, Steve Dommett<steve@×××××.net> wrote:
2 > I'm no Python programmer,  and I haven't even read the code involved,  but in
3 > the interests of minimising duplication of effort,  I thought you'd be
4 > interested to know that Sabayon,  a Gentoo based binary distro,  look like
5 > they may be one step ahead of you on this one:
6 > http://gitweb.sabayon.org/?p=playground/packagekit-entropy.git;a=summary
9 It's a stub import (no real code). And the git import is also done
10 incorrectly, he's imported .libs/ and .deps/ which are build-time
11 files. So, I'd say he looked at *this* project and decided to try
12 writing a backend for Entropy as well.
16 ~Nirbheek Chauhan