From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] rfc: handling the "uucp" group
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2018 19:03:15
1 Hi all,
2
3 I have noticed that in the latest versions of udev we are patching the
4 default upstream rules to accomodate our "uucp" group.
5
6 I don't think it is a good idea to patch default rules, so, I want to
7 bring up possible fixes.
8
9 First, baselayout has had the "dialout" group since 2015, so the
10 longterm fix imo is to possibly use that instead of the uucp group. What
11 would it take to make that happen, or are we stuck with the uucp group
12 forever?
13
14 Also, I think if we are stuck with the uucp group we should write a rule
15 of our own instead of patching the default rules.
16
17 Thoughts?
18
19 William