From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Adding CPUFLAGS USE_EXPAND variable to the profiles
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 14:30:32
1 Danny van Dyk wrote:
2 > OK, this rfc/proposal is competing with Flameeye's proposal:
3 >
4 > I suggest to add a "CPUFLAGS" USE_EXPAND variable to the tree.
5
6 Name it SIMD or CPUFEAT to avoid misunderstanding with the other *FLAGS
7
8 > This should be set to sane defaults in the profiles. I.e. for x86,
9 > it should not set CPUFLAGS at all, and on AMD64 it should be
10 > CPUFLAGS="mmx sse sse2"
11 >
12 > I'm no quite sure, but i assume ppc/ppc32 should leave CPUFLAGS empty,
13 > and ppc/ppc64 should set
14 > CPUFLAGS="altivec".
15
16 No
17
18 ppc/* should have it empty as default and the G4 and G5 profile should
19 have it set.
20
21 beside that looks ok
22