From: Jason Fayre <jfayre@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] help creating modified installation cd
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 21:25:39
1 Hello,
2 I am new to Gentoo linux. I've been a redhat user for a while now.
3 I am trying to create a modified gentoo 1.4rc1 cd. The reason for this is
4 I am totally blind and use a program called brltty to output the linux
5 console to a braille display.
6 The problem I am having is as follows:
7 When I try to copy the files off the cd so I can modify it, I get I/O
8 errors. This seems to only be on files that are nested fairly deep in the
9 tree.
10 It doesn't matter if I copy off the CD itself or from a loop-mounted iso
11 image.
12 If I can get the files coppied out of the cd image, I know where to go
13 from there.
14 I cannot do a cp or a tar. Is there some kind of option I need to give to
15 the mount command for the iso9660 filesystem?
16 I have verified that I can get the braille software to come up if I boot
17 the install cd and then start it from a floppy. I'm just trying to get
18 everything on the cd.
19 This would be useful for other visually impaired linux users as well.
20
21 Any help would be appreciated.
22 I'm probably missing something simple.