From: Christian Heim <phreak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>, "Diego Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] autotools.eclass and binary packages
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2006 14:14:53
1 I'm currently preparing one of my embedded system for a test-run and noticed
2 that a *binary* package of media-libs/libpng pulls in the autofoo-stuff.
3
4 I went looking for the reason, looked into the eutils, multilib and finally
5 autotools eclasses and saw that the autotools.eclass is setting the DEPEND
6 but not the RDEPEND. IIRC portage-2.1 is now setting RDEPEND to DEPEND if
7 nothing other is assigned within the ebuild/eclass.
8
9 So the simplest fix would be to assign RDEPEND="" in the eclass [1].
10
11 If no-one objects, I will commit the changes on monday.
12
13 TIA, Christian
14
15 1:http://dev.gentoo.org/~phreak/files/patches/autotools.eclass.diff
18 Christian Heim <phreak at gentoo.org>
19 GPG: 9A9F68E6 / AEC4 87B8 32B8 4922 B3A9 DF79 CAE3 556F 9A9F 68E6
20
21 Your friendly mobile/kernel/vserver/openvz monkey

autotools.eclass.diff text/x-diff