From: Gontran <gontran@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] redoing djbdns
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 13:32:04
1 * Thilo Bangert (thilo.bangert@×××.net) wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > i am thinking of redoing the djbdns ebuild. i propose the following
5 > scheme:
6 > because in djbdns the resolver and the nameserver are seperate, i plan
7 > on making three seperate ebuilds, one for the nameserver (tinydns), one
8 > for an internal resolver/cache (dnscache) and one for an external
9 > resolver/cache (dnscachex).
10
11 Hi. I've been reworking the djbdns ebuild too -- though it's not quite done.
12 I was thinking of reworking the setup function in the init script to
13 be generic and reasonably interactive such that one could run
14 /etc/init.d/djbdns setup
15 and have options to setup local, or external. It makes sense to have
16 them be one ebuild I think, since only the configuration is different, not
17 the binaries.
18
19 I agree that tinydns should be seperate.
22 > what do you think?
23 > also, would this be a violation of djb's "license"?
24
25 Yeah, the licenseing issue is there, but I don't believe there's an issue
26 here.
27
28 Shall we work on this in tandem?
31 Gontran