From: Dan Meltzer <parallelgrapefruit@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] gentoo-server
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 16:17:57
1 One thing I have always noticed about gentoo is that it is lacking in
2 the server department, for whatever reason. I was wondering if there
3 are any plans to remedy this, I have thought about a few possible
4 ideas.
5
6 1) add an emerge server-system class, this class would contain apps
7 that may not be as new, but they would be known to be stable, and work
8 well with everything. THe last thing a server admin needs is to be
9 debugging which package in an emerge -aDuv world is messing up.
10
11 2) make better use of glsa-check, maybe an addon that parses that
12 output and automatically does upgrades known not to break anything.
13
14 3) I dunno.... what do you think?
15
16 Is this a possibilty//has it been talked about at all?
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list