From: Ricardo Loureiro <rjlouro@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 38: Status of forum moderators in the Gentoo project
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 17:02:35
1 Hi again,
2
3 On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 17:47:42 +0100
4 twofourtysix <twofourtysix@×××××.com> wrote:
5
6 > On 28/06/05, Ricardo Loureiro <rjlouro@×××××××.org> wrote:
7 > > Also, I truly doubt that any moderator would refuse to be
8 > > considered a Gentoo staff or anything gentoo related, otherwise
9 > > why choose to give their free time to the forums?
10 >
11 > Would the likes of [1] be considered acceptable from a Gentoo staff
12 > member?
13 >
14 > [1] http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?p=1053530#1053530
15
16 No, that's exactly why I said a quiz should be used for any moderator,
17 even if they are not to be considered staff or developers. And that
18 proves why I said moderators should need to be responsible and mature.
19 To have Gentoo internal knowledge is irrelevant for the forum
20 moderator work, but needed for official technical support.
21
22 BTW, let's make that an example and not discuss (again) that
23 particular episode.
24
25 Ricardo Loureiro
29 http://pgp.dei.uc.pt:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x6B7C0EC0