From: drobbins@g.o
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] web site redesign
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 17:56:05
1 Hi all,
2
3 We're long overdue for a website redesign -- in addition to some new graphics,
4 here's what I have in mind. We need to set up our web mirrors (Europe and US).
5 In addition, I'd like to create several unique components to the site. The
6 most important addition I'd like to make is the creation of "Doc Central" --
7 this section will include Gentoo Linux- specific documentation as well as links
8 to other documentation online (such as my IBM articles).
9
10 A couple of people volunteered earlier to help with the web site. I'd be
11 interested in using Zope, since we currently use a lot of python. We also need
12 a new layout, so please feel free to send some samples my way.
13
14 Also, if anyone knows how to remove a project from SourceForge, please let me know.
15 I need to remove our stuff from there. As far as I can tell, there's no way to do
16 this. I emailed the Sourceforge sysadmin about a month ago to see if he could point
17 me in the right direction, but I never got a response back.
18
19 Best Regards,
22 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
23 President/CEO http://www.gentoo.org