From: Arthur Zamarin <arthurzam@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Andrew Ammerlaan <andrewammerlaan@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: pkgdev new release v0.2.1 with breaking change
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 19:04:21
1 On 23/05/2022 20.57, Andrew Ammerlaan wrote:
2 > On 22/05/2022 20:20, Arthur Zamarin wrote:
3 >> I have just released a new version [0] for pkgdev. Outside of multiple
4 >> new features meant for easier developer workflows (like prepare to send
5 >> a last-rite email), there is an important changes in the release which
6 >> affect current users of pkgdev.
7 >>
8 >> ** Important Notice **
9 >>
10 >> pkgdev now doesn't add the signoff by itself, unless configured. You can
11 >> easily configure it by following the instructions [1], which in short
12 >> corresponds to adding to `~/.config/pkgdev/pkgdev.conf` the lines:
13 >>
14 >>    [gentoo]
15 >>    push.signoff = true
16 >
17 > Shouldn't this be commit.signoff instead?
18 >
19 > pkgdev push: failed loading config: unknown arguments: --signoff=true
20 >
21 > (The same mistake is in the documentation at [1])
22 >
23 >> ...
24 >
25 > Best regards,
26 > Andrew
29 Thank you Andrew, You are absolutely right - this was my mistake in
30 lines. It should be:
31
32 [gentoo]
33 commit.signoff = true
34
35 Actually I also got reports of it failing to identify that this is the
36 gentoo repo, so for now, so we are absolutely sure it works, please use:
37
38 [DEFAULT]
39 commit.signoff = true
40
41 Once again, I'm sorry for this mistake, and I will fix the docs ASAP.
44 Arthur Zamarin
45 arthurzam@g.o
46 Gentoo Linux developer (Python, Arch Teams, pkgcore stack, GURU)

OpenPGP_signature.asc application/pgp-signature