From: whoracle <verse.iq@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] A polite suggestion for LaserJet users
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 14:22:30
1 On Fri, 18 Oct 2002 19:27:20 -0400
2 Robert <racsw@×××××××××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > Hello,
5 > I'm looking over Gentoo based on a referral from a Linux guru friend
6 > of mine in England.
7 > I usually print out the information, which allows me time, when
8 > available, to go over it. I have a relatively new HP LaserJet 1200 for
9 > doing all my document printing. Problem is, you're using a color on
10 > your web site that look terrific, but interferes with the printed text.
11 > (For the LaserJet)
12 > Specifically, I'm in Gentoo Linux 1.4 Installation Instructions,
13 > "About the Install".
14 > There is a purple heading bar that says "stage, tarball, requirements
15 > for installation" None of those words are reproducing so as to be
16 > readable. Everything else is fine, but any words that are in that
17 > purple bar anywhere on the page has the same problem.. ( e.g. "Code
18 > Listing..." )
19 > Maybe the color is the problem with the LJ, I'm not sure, but maybe you
20 > could change the color or produce a "Printer Friendly" version?
21
22 look just fine with an old hp laserjet 6L