From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: news item for changed polkit default group
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 13:06:33
1 >>>>> On Mon, 30 Jan 2012, Samuli Suominen wrote:
2
3 > was asked about this at IRC today, so I suppose we should convey this
4 > information better to users
5
6 > Title: Default value of AdminIdentities changed to group wheel in PolicyKit
7
8 Too long, GLEP 42 allows a maximum of 44 characters (excluding "Title: ").
9
10 > Author: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
11 > Content-Type: text/plain
12 > Posted: 2012-01-30
13 > Revision: 1
14 > News-Item-Format: 1.0
15 > Display-If-Installed: sys-auth/polkit
16
17 > The default value of AdminIdentities changed to group wheel by upstream
18 > since version 0.103.
19
20 Maybe the package name sys-auth/polkit should appear somewhere in the
21 item's body text?
22
23 > This means users in group wheel are allowed to execute commands like
24 > "pkexec bash" to gain root shell.
25
26 > You can change the default value at:
27 > # $EDITOR /etc/polkit-1/localauthority.conf.d/50-localauthority.conf