From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Can app-office/sc be replaced by app-office/sc-im from GURU?
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2022 14:59:51
1 On Sun, Jun 26, 2022 at 11:24 PM Jeff Gazso <jeff.gazso@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > My thought is unless some serious deficiency is present in
3 > app-office/sc-im it should be moved to Gentoo's main ebuild repository
4 > and the last rites process should be started for app-office/sc. Does
5 > anyone else have thoughts or comments on this?
6
7 We could probably last rite app-office/sc. It has no maintainer, and a
8 couple of open bugs.
9
10 Moving app-office/sc-im to the Gentoo repo is a bit more of an ask.
11 Ideally, a Gentoo developer would maintain it. Alternatively, a
12 non-developer could maintain it by proxy, but you would need to find a
13 developer to act as proxy or get approval from the Proxy Maintainers
14 project. In any case, you should probably reach out to the current
15 maintainer in GURU to see what he wants to do.