From: Richard Jones <richard@×××××.com>
To: Gregg <gregg@××.am>
Cc: gentoo-user@g.o, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-user] Web Hosting solutions?
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 04:57:41
1 On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 01:48:33PM -0500, Gregg wrote:
2 > I am looking to run a small web hosting box. This is more for me to learn
3 > the tricks of the trade than anything else. I know the basic sets of
4 > tools I need and that they are already in portage. What other tools in
5 > portage besides these are there. I could spend hours searching the web,
6 > finding something, seeing if their is an ebuild already, ect... But I
7 > figured I could get away with just asking here, I think it is a relavent
8 > question to see where gentoo is on this matter.
9 >
10 > Apache, php, ssl, perl, mysql, mysqltool/phpmyadmin, and pick your mail
11 > server. They are already all in there. Now what about a client
12 > management/billing system (web based), some form of control panel for the
13 > customer to log into and edit things. What packages exist that fill these
14 > needs (and any needs I might be missing) already in gentoo's package tree?
15
16 If you want to run mail as well as web, then I'd recommend imap (I
17 use uw-imap), and squirrelmail. Not only does this allow external
18 users access to webmail, but also allows you to run mutt/pine/elm as
19 well as Evoluton (over imap).
20
21 Richard
24 Richard Jones