From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo 18th Anniversary Edition - Help Needed
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 08:57:00
1 On 20/04/2021 06:04, Torokhov Sergey wrote:
2 > I have only gentoo 2004.3 installation/live cd + packages cd. I
3 > installed it in VBox in 2019:
4 > https://www.linux.org.ru/images/18736/original.png
5 > <https://www.linux.org.ru/images/18736/original.png>
6 >
7 > For some packages sources are available but additional patches are
8 > unreachable now. And browser can't work with "modern" internet :(
9 >
10 > I have a PC with gentoo last updated in 2009/2010 :D
13 Your screenshot with OpenOffice has given me an idea :)
14 I could add things to the basic install I have now but every time I
15 do that the download Virtual Box disk image gets bigger, however,
16 that would make sure I had the sources.
17
18 You need to update that 2009/2010 Gentoo.
19 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/User:NeddySeagoon/HOWTO_Update_Old_Gentoo
20 That page needs to be cleaned up now that CVS has gone.
21
22 All tho old Gentoo stuff I have is available over http.
25 Regards,
26
27 Roy Bamford
28 (Neddyseagoon) a member of