From: Dennis Schridde <devurandom@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Addressing split usage of USE=gles[123]
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2019 21:54:23
1 On Donnerstag, 21. November 2019 09:11:46 CET Mart Raudsepp wrote:
2 > See also this related old thread:
3 > https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/message/e04f6d321e424a237af62721d1d09
6 I think tackling the triad of opengl/gles, egl/glx, X/wayland is also a good
7 idea. Generally, all these probably have to distinguish between "support for
8 XYZ" and "use only XYZ", the latter hopefully being the exception, so that the
9 former can take the shorter use-flag. That's what I don't like about the
10 proposal from 2018: Globally enabling USE=gles will have different effects on
11 different packages. That's also what I like about the recent proposal: The
12 flags are more explicit.
13
14 --Dennis