From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] User support system [WAS: Sunrise contemplations]
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 12:29:01
1 * Simon Stelling <blubb@g.o> schrieb:
2
3 Hi,
4
5 > Enrico Weigelt wrote:
6 > >I already suggested an bug-reporting tool, which automatically
7 > >collects all the necessary data, several weeks ago. This tool is
8 > >simply called by commandline and asks the users several questions.
9 > >Then it files an bug with some certain syntax and uploads necessary
10 > >information (emerge --info, pkg-db extracts, ...).
11 >
12 > That somehow looks like the guided file-a-new-bug form we
13 > had some time ago.
14
15 I personally don't know this one, but this is what I intend
16 (but instead via an commandline).
17
18 > Personally, I'd rather have it in bugzilla, because a shell tool
19 > takes the user away from bugzilla, and after all you have to search
20 > for existing bugs anyway, so you already are on bugzilla.
21
22 hmm, right, this would reduce preasure from reporting people for
23 looking for duplicate bugs. But I'm not sure if this is bad:
24
25 * Do we have any reliable knowledge whether people actually do it ?
26 * Is it maybe a good idea to have certain bugs duplicate, so we can
27 see whats more important (many bugs -> greater problem ?)
28 * Are all the bugs, currently considered as duplicate (by users
29 intenting to file one) really duplicate ?
30 * Is the additional information more valuable than the probably
31 additional work of linking together duplicate bugs ?
34 cu
35 --
37 Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service - http://www.metux.de/
39 Please visit the OpenSource QM Taskforce:
40 http://wiki.metux.de/public/OpenSource_QM_Taskforce
41 Patches / Fixes for a lot dozens of packages in dozens of versions:
42 http://patches.metux.de/
44 --
45 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list