From: "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@×××××.net> (by way of Paul de Vrieze <gentoo-user@××××××××.net>)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] PORTAGE_OVERLAY
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 11:02:10
1 On Sunday 20 October 2002 03:17 pm, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2 > On Sunday 20 October 2002 12:13, Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
3 > > Where am I supposed to define this? I used to have it, but I have
4 > > rebuild my machine from scratch and now I can not find where this is
5 > > documented? I have tried make.conf and setting the environment variable,
6 > > both to no avail.
7 >
8 > As you can see when you emerge portage this variable is called
9 > PORTDIR_OVERLAY, and is specified normally in /etc/make.conf
10 >
11 > Paul
12
13 Thank you. Would it be appropriate to add this to make.globals in the
14 future? Perhaps as
15
16 PORTDIR_OVERLAY=""
17