From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] app-admin/mbr.. what to do...
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 09:40:22
1 On Thu, 2005-06-16 at 11:13 +0200, Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
2 > On Thursday 16 June 2005 10:53, Patrick Lauer wrote:
3 > > Maybe someone with some scripting skillz could create a list of all
4 > > "orphaned" packages?
5 > > (no metadata.xml, no active maintainer, ...)
6 > I've learned with first-person experience that no metadata doesn't means that
7 > a package is orphaned...
8 ok, but it's still a "bug"
9 > So maybe it's better said to developers: if you maintain something *please*
10 > add a metadata, or update it, so that who looks at bugs know who to ask to.
11 For that we should have a list of all affected packages I think.
12
13 > > Always a drag to see packages getting dropped, but if noone maintains
14 > > them there's not much that can be done.
15 > Well maybe we can have a way to define "latest portage version" for removed
16 > package (a tag on cvs?) so that someone can prepare a weekly tarball of
17 > removed packages waiting for new maintainers or so on.
18 you mean a repository of removed ebuilds?
19 I don't know if that is a good idea, but it sure has some uses.
20 But if I'm not mistaken files can be resurrected from cvs, so they are
21 not "lost", only less accessible.
24 Patrick
25 --
26 Stand still, and let the rest of the universe move