From: Zach Forrest <diatribe@××××.ca>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] mozilla ebuild...
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2001 21:52:38
1 Mikael Hallendal wrote:
2
3 > mån 2001-12-03 klockan 02.25 skrev Zach Forrest:
4 >
5 >>I think it might be useful to add the following (or something similar)
6 >>to the mozilla ebuild file. That way we don't have to download the JRE
7 >>to the plugin directory if we already have it.
8 >>
9 >>if [ "`use java`" ]; then
10 >> if [ -e "/opt/java/jre/plugin/i386/mozilla/javaplugin_oji.so" ]
11 >> then
12 >> dosym /opt/java/jre/plugin/i386/mozilla/javaplugin_oji.so
13 >> ${D}/usr/lib/mozilla/libjavaplugin_oji.so
14 >> fi
15 >>fi
16 >>
17 >>Is it assumed that if there is a java USE flag that the jdk has been
18 >>installed?
21 > If we use this scheme we should add java to the RDEPEND if java is in
22 > USE, that way it will be installed before the Mozilla ebuild.
26 I was thinking about this which is sort of covered in my "USE database?
27 " post. I'm not so sure that is should be a dependency, but more of a
28 "suggested" package. Or maybe add a JRE package. The JDK can be a lot to
29 download if you don't really need it. One of the suggestions in my
30 aforementioned post was to have a way to publish optional USE packages
31 in an ebuild file and then call emerge with a "--satisfyuse" flag (which
32 might not be so elegant if there are many, possibly conflicting*, USE
33 options) to install the "optional" package(s). This way it is not a
34 dependency per say, but more of feature or option that can add
35 functionality.
36
37 It may be of benefit to make the definition of what a USE variable is
38 more clear. If USE="..., java, ..." am I, as an administrator
39 responsible for installing the jdk, or is the first package that can
40 make use of the java USE option responsible for the installation when it
41 discovers that I want Java functionality?
45 >>Also, has anyone noticed that the Mozilla profile manager is pretty
46 >>messed up? (The OK button says "Start Yah", some buttons have no text, etc.)
49 > Hmm, how do you start it?
52 I just switched over from Debian where I already had two profiles. When
53 Mozilla starts up and detects this it automatically presents the profile
54 manager. In other words, I simply call /usr/bin/mozilla.
58 > Regards,
59 > Mikael Hallendal
65 * To add to my "USE database?" post, a "conflicts" field might not be a
66 bad idea either.