From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: glibc: pt_chown setuid going away by default
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 20:44:27
1 Rich Freeman posted on Wed, 17 Apr 2013 14:36:59 -0400 as excerpted:
2
3 > On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 2:35 PM, Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
4 > wrote:
5 >> it's at times like this i wish we had a git repo. `git log -p -C -M`
6 >> is great at tracking this sort of stuff down.
7 >
8 > I don't want to hijack this thread, but I don't believe we have a
9 > tracker for the migration of docs / website / etc to git. Is there
10 > simply not interest? I'm not sure what complexities exist compared to
11 > the portage migration.
12
13 I'd guess that would be upto the docs team, etc. And while they might
14 conceivably be interested, it's evidently not a priority or (as
15 individual projects lack the complicating issues of the tree in general)
16 they'd probably have it done by now, just as the various other projects
17 already running git-based overlays or whatever.
18
19 The main tree is the big one, tho. With many projects already running
20 git internally, once the tree switches over, it's probably pretty safe to
21 assume everything else (possibly with an occasional exception) will as
22 well.
27 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman