From: Mikael Hallendal <hallski@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Cc: desktop@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] All Gtk+/GNOME users should read this.
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2001 15:25:06
1 Hi!
2
3 As I said in my previous post there has been a large rearrange and
4 update to the Gtk+/GNOME part of the portage tree. This means that all
5 packages depending on imlib/Gtk+ has to be remerged. I'm sorry for this
6 but it had to be done, the sooner the better.
9 What should you do then?
10 ========================
11
12 Update the portage tree:
13 emerge --clean rsync
14
15 (or if you are a developer):
16 cvs up -Pd
17
18 Unmerge:
19
20 - Everything from gnome-*
21 - x11-libs/[ gtk+ | gtk-engine | gtk-thinice-theme | gtkmm ]
22 - media-libs/[ gdk-pixbuf | imlib ]
23 - x11-wm/sawfish
24
25 In case there aren't any newer portage than 1.6.9 you need to edit
26 /usr/lib/portage/pym/portage.py to make it find the new category
27 gnome-extra.
28
29 Open the file in your favorit editor and locate where it says gnome-apps
30 and change it for gnome-extra.
31
32 To be sure remove /opt/gnome (rm -rf /opt/gnome). Log in and out again
33 to get rid of GNOME_PATH and other variables set to point to /opt/gnome.
34
35 After that you should be able to remerge GNOME. If you want our full
36 GNOME installation just emerge gnome-base/gnome/gnome-1.4-r3.ebuild.
37
38 Otherwise just emerge the applications you want.
39
40 I'll attach a list of were stuff from gnome-* has moved if you can't
41 find the new location of a package.
42
43 Regards,
44 Mikael Hallendal
48 Mikael Hallendal
49 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Leader
50 CodeFactory AB, Stockholm, Sweden

gnome-move.gentoo text/plain