From: R Joseph Wright <rjoseph@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Problem with boot disks
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 01:10:54
1 Hi, I've been wanting a Linux distribution that behaves in a more BSD-like
2 way than most, and I think Gentoo may fit the bill.
3 However, after booting from bootdisk.img, I get prompted for a root disk,
4 which I assume is supposed to be rescue.img, which I then insert. After that is
5 loaded, it continues prompting for two more root disks. Not knowing what to do,
6 I just hit "enter" each time. After the third one, there is a kernel panic
7 because it cannot find init. Has anyone else experienced this?
10 Joseph