From: Drake Wyrm <wyrm@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] DEPEND vs. RDEPEND refresher
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 17:18:33
1 On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 11:56:21AM -0500, in
2 <20040130165621.GA12724@××××××××××××××××××.us>, Jon Portnoy
3 <avenj@g.o> wrote:
4 > A lot of ebuilds are turning up with screwy DEPEND vs. RDEPEND settings.
5 > When working with ebuilds, please keep in mind that RDEPEND should
6 > contain everything that needs to merge when installing from a tbz2
7 > binary package, but that's all -- anything else is cruft. DEPEND should
8 > contain everything needed to build and install the package.
9
10 I've had a question about that; this seems a good time to ask. Should
11 DEPEND include the run-time DEPs or *only* compile-time DEPs?
14 Batou: Hey, Major... You ever hear of "human rights"?
15 Kusanagi: I understand the concept, but I've never seen it in action.
16 --Ghost in the Shell